Friday 24 August 2012

Pine Nuts and Lime Rice

This rice is perfect for a summer meal. It's refreshing and light. The lime and pine nuts go perfectly well together. You can use arborio rice with the same recipe with you prefer a risotto. I hope you like it!
 
 


Ingredients:
300g basmati rice or arborio (if you prefer to have it as a risotto)
1/2 onions chopped
3 cloves garlic smashed
3 tbsp pine nuts
20g parsley chopped
Zest of one lime
Juice of 1/2 lime





Method:
1 - Fry the garlic and onion until tender
2 - Add the rice, pine nuts and parsley and cooked as per package instruction
3 - The last time you pour water, add the lime zest and juice
4 - Stir well and using a ramekin makes the round shape


I used a leaf of basil for decoration. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How much water should be used as I assume the juice of the lime would not be enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When cooking the rice what I do is after frying the onion and garlic I add the rice stir for a minute or two and then I add enough water to cover the rice and put the lid on the pan. Normally every day or basmati rice gets ready in ten minutes and throughout that time you will have to pour more water a few times. I’ll measure everything next time make rice (which will most likely happens this weekend) and I’ll send you the exact recipe.

      Delete