Friday 13 July 2012

Buna Shimeji Mushroom

I absolutely love mushroom, any kind, I am a huge fan!! Buna Shimeji, also known as Brown Clamshell mushroom, has a nutty meaty flavour that is perfect as accompaniment, with pasta, quiche, basically anything you can think of. The only thing is that it has to be cooked as it's bitter taste completely disappear when cooked, which also makes it easier to digest. This simple recipe with spread and basil is delicious and quick.



Ingredients:
110g buna shimeji mushroom
1/2 onions chopped
4 cloves of garlic smashed
1 1/2 tbsp sunflouwer spread (I use Pure)
Salt
Black pepper
10g basil chopped

Method:
1 - Fry the garlic and onions on the spread until tender
2 - Add the rest of the ingredients and stir from time to time for about 10 minutes

Done! Can you believe it was that easy! Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Vanessa! I made this last night after randomly finding your blog, and I'm glad I did. Very delicious.

    ReplyDelete